(from Nature's Medicine Cabinet by Bruce Burnett)
To make your own calendula cream:
- Add 1⁄2- to 3⁄4-teaspoon (3 grams) of flower petals to 2 cups of organic virgin olive oil.
- Place in a double boiler and gently heat for 2 hours.
- Remove from heat and strain out the petals.
- Place fresh petals in the oil and repeat gentle heating for another 2 hours.
- Strain out the calendula flowers again and add 1⁄2- to 3⁄4-teaspoon (3 grams) of beeswax, gently stirring over the heat until the wax and oil have blended.
Allow to cool in clean jars before sealing.