Where will you buy your pumpkins this fall?
We can think of no better place than a local farm offering fall produce and pumpkins you can pick yourself. When it comes to agritourism, U-pick farms are a great example. And fall is one of the best times of year to visit a local farm.
You'll get a chance to explore local examples of agritourism, fill your car with farm-fresh produce for autumn eating and decorating, and entertain your kids (or the kid in you!) You’ll have a blast and make a local farmer’s day, too!
Listed below are a few picks of U-picks; find them all and more on the Local Harvest website.
- Abma Family Farm (Wyckoff, N.J.) Check out the link "What's in Season" to find information about this farm's Fall Hayrides and Pumpkin Picking and more.
- Wilson Banner Ranch (Clarkston, Wash.) Every Saturday in October this ranch offers family-oriented events to celebrate harvest.
- Walters' Pumpkin Patch (Burns, Kan.) This action-packed farm offers much, including an invitation to ride the haywagon to the pumpkin patch to find a perfect pumpkin for everyone in the family.
- Lynchburg Grows Urban Farm (Lynchburg, Va.) Pick pumpkins and enjoy the educational atmosphere Saturdays through Oct 27 at this extra-ordinary farm.
- Shady Brook Farm (Yardley, Pa.) The entertainment calendar at Shady Brook is bursting at the seams at with pumpkin rides and scary activities, too.
- Bloom Where You’re Planted Farm & Pumpkin Patch (Avoca, Neb.) Fall for our "country charm" is the invitation from these farmers -- group outings and field trips are just two of their offerings.
- Kathy's Pumpkin Patch (Donnellson, Iowa) Wagon rides, a pumpkin patch and a really awesome-looking maze are among the offerings at this farm.
- Clary Ridge Ranch (Fair Play, Calif.) For a change of pace, pick walnuts on select days in October at this West Coast ranch.
~ HF editors