Get more autumn-themed treats here …
- 1 2/3 cups unbleached organic flour
- 1 1/4 cups stone ground organic cornmeal
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon seasalt
- 3 large or 4 medium freerange eggs
- 1 cup organic buttermilk
- 1/3 cup melted organic butter, cooled slightly
- 1/3 cup local and/or organic honey
- 2/3 cup fresh sweet corn kernels
Heat oven to 425°. Grease a 9-inch square baking pan with butter.
In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients: flour, cornmeal, baking soda, baking powder, and seasalt.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, buttermilk, butter, corn kernels and honey. Pour this wet mixture into the dry mixture, stirring only until blended. Pour into greased baking pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, approximately 20 to 25 minutes. Check after 15 minutes to assess whether you need to cover with foil for the rest of the baking time because top has gotten very brown. Serves well warm from the oven with butter and honey.