- 1/2 pound crisp apples, any kind, cored but not peeled, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 3 T. diced red onion
- 1/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- spinach, romaine or Bibb lettuce leaves
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1 T. lemon juice
- 1 T. apple cider vinegar
- 1 T. pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp. stone-ground mustard
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Place apples, celery, onion and Gorgonzola in medium bowl. Combine dressing ingredients in a jar and shake until well-combined. Pour dressing over apple mixture and stir to coat. Add sliced almonds and toss gently. Serve on greens of your choice.
Makes four side servings.