1 cup crushed cookies (Try almond biscotti.)
- 1/2 cup toasted almonds, sliced
- 2 tsp. powdered ginger
- 3 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 8 tsp. cornstarch
- 2 cups milk
- 3 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1 T. butter
- 1/2 T. vanilla
- 1 cup crunch topping or granola
- 1 cup strawberries, cut into chunks (quartered, then cut again cross-wise) and drained
Combine all ingredients and mix well. Makes about 1½ cups.
Combine sugars and cornstarch in heavy saucepan; whisk in milk. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thick. Remove from heat. Gradually add 1 cup of the mixture to the eggs, whisking constantly. Add egg mixture to pan and return to medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture starts to boil. Remove from heat, and add butter and vanilla. Pour into four 4-inch ramekins and set aside to cool, about one hour. Cover and refrigerate if not using immediately. To serve, divide crunch topping equally among the four ramekins. Top with strawberries.