Photo by Nicole Sipe
- 1 T. olive oil
- 4 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, cored, seeded and chopped (substitute hot peppers to your liking)
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 15 ounces red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 29 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 1 to 3 T. chili powder (to taste)
In large kettle, warm olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic, onion and pepper, and sauté until onion starts to turn translucent. Add meat, breaking it up with fork, and cook until no pink remains. Add remaining ingredients and heat until mixture starts to bubble. Reduce heat to low. Cook 1 to 2 hours to blend seasonings.
Serves 6 to 8.