(From Canning Fruits and Vegetables, By Sue Weaver)
- National Presto Industries
(Presto canners, parts)
- Wisconsin Aluminum Foundry Company
(Makers of All-American canners)
- Pressure Cooker Outlet
(Presto, Mirro, All American & Maitres Pressure Cookers & Parts; canning books and supplies)
- Alltrista Corp.
(Makers of Ball and Kerr canning lids, Ball Blue Book and other brochures, online canning instructions, recipes, FAQs, archived newsletters); Hotline: (800) 240-3340; Order: (800) 392-2575
- Kitchen Krafts
(800) 776-0575 or (563) 535-8000
- Home Canning Supply
Home Canning labels:
- Label Creations
- A Lotta Labels
Useful Web Sites:
- Food Preservation Links
Extensive; links to reliable university-published information.
- USDA Complete Guide to Home Canning
Print chapters or topics; download them as .pdf files.
- National Center for Home Food Preservation
Instructions, FAQs, multimedia presentations, information requests.
- Home Canning Pressures and Processing Times
Four-page .pdf download, very complete, very valuable.
- Common Canning Problems (Clemson University)
- Cooperative Extension Services
Reliable Canning Recipes:
- Pickling Recipes and Canning Links
- Pickles and Relishes
A lot of them, including sauerkraut.
- Salsa Recipes for Canning
- Tomato Recipes to Preserve an Abundant Harvest
- Jam and Jelly Recipes
- Let’s Preserve Fruit Pie Fillings