Photo by Virgina Pinkston
- 1 pound ground beef or turkey
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/8 tsp. dried oregano
- 1½ cups soft bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 T. brown sugar
- 1 pound whole-berry cranberry sauce
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Combine ground meat, onion, pepper, egg and seasonings. Add bread crumbs and milk, and mix well.
Sprinkle brown sugar on the bottom of greased loaf pan. Spread cranberry sauce over sugar. Add meat mixture. Bake for one hour or until done (internal temperature of 160 degrees F for ground beef or 165 degrees F for ground turkey). Cool slightly, and turn out, upside down, onto platter.