French toast is one of those indulgences that we never seem to have time to make. This recipe is simple and easy to clean up. There’s no excuse not to indulge with this dish. Try this recipe for French toast next time you want to use some of your chicken's eggs.Ingredients
- 1 loaf of Texas Toast
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup 1% milk
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground nutmeg
1. Using a whisk, combine all the ingredients except the bread.
2. Dip each slice of bread into the egg mixture. Stack into a storage container. Pour remaining batter over bread, cover and refrigerate.
3. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and coat 2 baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray. Using flat spatula, take bread from the storage dish and place the slices in a single layer on a baking sheet.
4. Bake for 6 minutes. Turn over and bake another 6 to 8 minutes until the egg is thoroughly set.
5. Top with powdered sugar, maple syrup or your favorite fruit spread.