Arden Moore has a few more of the homemade, healthy dog treat recipes
from her book to share. (Have you seen the ones people can eat, too?)
Your meat-loving dog will “sit” on command if you serve this easy-to-make recipe. Hey, where it is written that cookies must be sweet to taste good?
- 2 ½ cups whole wheat flour
- 2 small jars beef-flavored baby food
- 6 tablespoons beef gravy (low-sodium)
- 1 egg
- ½ cup nonfat dry milk
- ½ cup water
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
3. Lightly pat your hands with flour and shape the mix into a big ball.
4. Flatten the ball using a floured wooden rolling pin.
5. Use a cookie cutter to cut the dough into triangles or stars. Place the cookies on a greased cookie sheet.
6. Bake for 25 minutes, or until lightly browned.
7. Allow the cookies to cool before serving.
Get more animal treat recipes>>