Photo by Stephanie Staton
Yield: 8 to 10 servings
- 2 cups ground unsalted, shelled pistachios, plus 3 T. chopped nuts for garnish (or a combination of almonds and pistachios)
- 3 T. brown sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2 T. unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups orange juice
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 T. fresh lemon juice (about 1/2 lemon)
- zest of one orange, chopped small
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Mix ingredients and press into 8- to 9-inch pie pan. Bake for 7 minutes. Let cool.
Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F. Simmer orange juice in small saucepan until reduced by half, and let cool.
Whisk together condensed milk, zest, yolks, lemon juice and 2/3 cup reduced, cooled juice. You might have some juice left over.
Pour filling into prebaked crust. Sprinkle with reserved chopped nuts. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until set. Cool and refrigerate pie for several hours before serving.