- 1 pound carrots, peeled and sliced diagonally into 1⁄4-inch thick rounds
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 T. butter
- 1½ T. brown sugar
- 1 T. fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 T. chopped fresh parsley
In a large, heavy-bottomed skillet or Dutch oven, combine carrots, orange juice, butter, sugar and ginger. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium, cover and cook five minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low, uncover and simmer about 15 to 20 minutes or as needed until carrots are tender. The liquid will reduce and glaze the carrots. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and stir in parsley just before serving. Makes 4 servings.