Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- 2 pounds red or white new potatoes
- 3/4 cup diced green bell pepper
- 2 T. diced fresh red bell pepper or jarred pimentos
- 1/4 cup diced shallots
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. white vinegar
- 1 tsp. white granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp. finely ground sea salt (plus more to taste)
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- leaves from 1/2-inch sprig of rosemary
Place the potatoes in a 3- to 4-quart pot. Cover with at least 1 inch of water. Partially cover the pot with a lid, and bring to a boil over high heat. Adjust the heat to maintain a low boil and cook for 10 to 12 minutes, until the potatoes are fork-tender.
Drain the potatoes, and let them sit until cool enough to handle.
Once cooled, use clean hands or a knife to remove and discard the potato peels. Chop the potatoes into 1/2- to 1-inch pieces. Place the potatoes in a large bowl, and stir in the green bell pepper and red pepper or pimentos.
Place the shallots, olive oil, vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper and rosemary in a small food processor or single-serving blender cup. Purée on high until the vinaigrette is smooth. Pour the vinaigrette over the potatoes, and stir to coat. Add more salt to taste if desired.
Refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.