This ZAP truck is described as quiet, yet agile.
Could this bed carry a load around the farm or to town?
The engine is housed behind the cab. The batteries–gray colored–are lined up at right.
Front and center in the entrance to¬†the Bluegrass GreenExpo hall¬†was this¬†shiny, red¬†pick-up truck–small in size, but big in energy savings.
This year’s expo was held¬†October 25 and 26 in Lexington, Ky.,¬†where the Hobby Farms¬†editorial office is located. (Is there an expo near you>>)
You’ve probably seen smart cars, but have you seen the ZAP Xebra Truck.¬†
Could this be your next farm pickup?
Here’s what the ZAP World website has to say about its Xebra Truck:
- They’re quiet, yet agile; no noisy internal combustion engines.
- This vehicle was created as a breed by itself. Because the use and purpose of electric vehicles are different than gas cars … it has no Tailpipe, just plug it in!
- Xebra Trucks produce 98% fewer pollutants than gas cars.
- A Xebra Truck’s appetite is meager. And you can recharge it at any electrical outlet.
Read more about this truck at the ZAP World website.
ZAP has been developing electric and advanced technology vehicles since 1994. Its delivered more than 100,000 electric vehicles in more than 75 countries.
These events are a great way to find out what your city or state is doing to get people involved in greening their lives.
Call your chamber of commerce or see what you find on the Internet.
Here are a few we found:
- Pennsylvania Green Expo¬†
- Pinellas Living Green Expo, Clearwater, Fla.¬†
- More expos all around Florida¬†
- One green expo in Minnesota¬†
- And another in Minnesota (Living Green)¬†
- Carolina Living Green Expo, Concord, N.C.¬†
- Get Green Expo, Richmond, Va.¬†
- West Coast Green, San Jose, Calif.¬†
- Idaho Green Expo, Boise, Idaho¬†
- Michigan Green Expo, Downtown Lansing, Mich.¬†
- Second Annual Everything Green Expo, Shreveport, La.
Watch for one in your area ‚Ä¶
If gardening is more your style, read another report from the GreenExpo on a fun garden planning activity–for you and the kids.