Photo by Lori Rice
Rosemary Parmesan Butter makes a delicious spread over a savory scone or dinner roll.
Yield: 1/2 cup
- 1/2 cup cultured butter or plain sweet-cream butter, softened
- 2 T. freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp. chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1/4 tsp. lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp. fine ground sea salt
- pinch ground black pepper
Place butter in medium-sized bowl. Add Parmesan and rosemary. Use spoon or rubber spatula to stir ingredients together.
Add lemon zest, salt and pepper. Stir well until all ingredients are combined.
Transfer butter to jar and seal with lid, or place butter on 8- by 12-inch parchment paper. Form butter into log about 4 inches long. Roll in parchment paper. Twist each end and secure with tie or rubber band.
Store in refrigerator for 2 to 3 weeks, or freeze up to 3 months.