Yield: 4 servings
- 1 green bell pepper, cored, deseeded and sliced into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, deseeded and sliced into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 jalapeĂ±o (optional), cored, deseeded and sliced into 1/4-inch strips
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 2 pounds flank steak, trimmed of fat and sliced into 1/2-inch strips
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 T. tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- garnishes, such as sour cream, avocado, black olives and grated cheese
Place all ingredients except forÂ garnishes and tortillasÂ in slow cooker, and mix well. Cover and cook on low heat for 6 hours.
To serve, place big scoop of fajita mix on warm tortilla, and roll up tortilla. Top with your choice of garnishes.
Excerpt from Easy Garden Recipes, part of the PopularÂ Kitchen Series, with permission from its publisher, BowTie, Inc. Purchase Easy Garden Recipes here.