- 2 tsp. Cajun seasoning
- 3 T. butter, melted
- 2 large ears sweet corn, husks and silks removed
- 2 T. vegetable oil
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 T. minced garlic
- 2 large or 3 small dried bay leaves
- 1/2 cup chicken stock or vegetable broth
- 1 T. fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper, to taste
- salt to taste
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes, for garnish
Heat grill to medium-high. Mix Cajun seasoning into melted butter, and brush generously on corn. Grill corn, turning occasionally, and continue to baste with seasoned butter until kernels pierce easily and start to caramelize. Remove from grill, let cool and slice kernels from cob.
Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat, and sauté bell pepper, onion, celery, garlic and bay leaves until vegetables are tender. Stir in grilled corn kernels, stock or broth, lemon juice, cayenne pepper, and salt. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, for two minutes. Remove bay leaves. Mound mixture in center of serving platter and surround with chopped tomatoes. Serve immediately.