Photo by Stephanie Staton
How you serve these depends on your fellow picnickers. If you’re serving four big eaters, serve one wrap per person. Cut in half for eight smaller appetites. You can even cut each wrap into smaller pieces and secure them with toothpicks for appetizer servings.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 T. minced garlic
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped, loosely packed fresh basil
- 4 8-inch whole-grain sandwich wraps
- 3 ounces fresh spinach leaves, stems removed
- 6 ounces roast beef (Italian-style if available), thinly sliced
- 6 ounces Provolone cheese, thinly sliced
To make the aioli, place mayonnaise, garlic and basil in blender; purée until smooth.
Spread each wrap evenly with aioli. Lay spinach evenly over aioli. Place beef, then Provolone in single layers over spinach. Roll up tightly.
Chill until ready to serve.
Makes four wraps.