Photo by Rachael Brugger
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup minced shallots
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet basil
- 2 T. chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup, plus 2 T. grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 pound ground turkey (Ground pork or beef can be substituted.)
- 1 egg
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1/2 pound fettuccine
- 1 large tomato, finely diced (approximately 11/2 cups)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 T. chopped sweet basil
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In medium bowl, mix garlic, shallots, basil, parsley, 1/2 cup cheese, walnuts, ground turkey and egg. Mix well and form into 1-inch balls. Place in broiler-safe baking pan, drizzle with olive oil and bake 25 minutes.
Sprinkle 2 tablespoons cheese on meatballs and broil until golden, about 3 minutes.
Cook pasta in boiling salted water until al dente.
In large bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Add hot cooked pasta and meatballs, toss and serve immediately.