Yield: about 2 dozen slices or 7 crepes
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 T. low-fat milk
- 2 T. cooked chopped spinach
- 2 T. chopped scallions
- 1 egg
- pinch salt and nutmeg (less than 1/8 tsp. each)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 6 T. part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped, lean, cooked ham
- 1½ T. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1½ T. chopped, fresh parsley
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
In blender, combine all ingredients and process until smooth. Refrigerate batter for 1 hour. Coat griddle or crepe pan with cooking spray and place over medium heat. Pour 2 tablespoons batter on griddle, and gently swirl with the back of spoon until thin pancake forms. Turn once, then remove to towel to cool. Stack finished, cooled crepes between layers of waxed paper while you prepare filling.
Using electric mixer or food processor, combine cream cheese and ricotta; blend until smooth. Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
Spread 2 tablespoons filling on each crepe. Roll tightly and refrigerate at least 1 hour. Slice each crepe diagonally, 1/2- to 3/4-inch thick, and place a toothpick in the center of each slice.