- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cups roughly chopped arugula
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh marjoram
- 1 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 5 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
Preheat oven broiler.
Heat oil in a heavy, oven-proof frying pan. Add onions and cook over medium heat until onions are translucent. Add asparagus and sautĂ© until tender, 5 to 8 minutes. Add arugula and toss to wilt. Add cottage cheese and mix well. Sprinkle with half the Swiss cheese, then add the eggs. Stir to blend.
Cook mixture, without stirring, until eggs are nearly set, but still runny in the middle. Remove from heat. Sprinkle with remaining Swiss cheese and place under broiler until lightly browned on top, 2 to 3 minutes.Â
Note: New potatoes and other fresh veggies make great additions to this recipe.