This recipe makes two 12-inch thin-crust pizzas, or one 12- to 14-inch thick crust pizza.
You can freeze the dough for future use:
- After the resting phase, divide the dough in half, flatten each to a 6-inch disk.
- Wrap them, airtight, in a plastic freezer bag.
- Freeze for up to one month.
- To use, thaw in refrigerator or at room temperature.
- 3 to 3Â½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package rapid-rise yeast
- 3/4Â tsp. salt
- 1 cup very warm water (120 to 130 degrees)
- 1 T. olive or vegetable oil
In large bowl, combine 2 cups of the flour, undissolved yeast, and salt. Add the very warm water, oil and enough remaining flour to make a soft dough. On a lightly floured surface, knead until dough is smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes.
Cover with a clean cotton dishtowel and let rest on floured surface for 10 minutes.
Lightly oil your pizza pan(s). Shape dough into a smooth ball; divide if making two thin crusts. Roll or press dough to fit pan(s). Top as desired.