These light chicken kebabs recipe will have your mouth watering before you even get them to the grill. Skewer these in any way you like, but be sure to place the chicken between the peppers and pineapple to tenderize and flavor the meat.
- 1 to 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- ¼ cup plus 1 T. extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 2 T. soy sauce
- Salt and pepper
- 1 large pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, stemmed, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large red onion, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
Cut chicken breasts into 1 1/4 inch cubes. Combine ¼ cup oil, garlic, soy sauce, ¾ teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper in a medium bowl. Add chicken, toss to coat, and marinate for 15 minutes. In a separate bowl, toss pineapple, peppers, and onion with remaining 1 tablespoon oil and season with a little salt and pepper. Thread chicken, pineapple, peppers and onion onto eight 12-inch metal skewers. Brush skewers with any remaining marinade. Grill kebabs over medium-high heat, turning skewers, until chicken is cooked through and juices are clear, about 10 to 12 minutes. Serve.