French toast is one of those indulgences that we never seem to have time to make. This recipe is simple and easy to clean up. Thereâ€™s no excuse not to indulge with this dish. Try this recipe for French toast next time you want to use some of your chicken’s eggs.
- 1 loaf of Texas Toast
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup 1% milk
- Â¼ tsp. salt
- Â½ tsp. vanilla extract
- Â¼ tsp. freshly ground nutmeg
1. Using a whisk, combine all the ingredients except the bread.
2. Dip each slice of bread into the egg mixture. Stack into a storage container. Pour remaining batter over bread, cover and refrigerate.
3. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and coat 2 baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray. Using flat spatula, take bread from the storage dish and place the slices in a single layer on a baking sheet.
4. Bake for 6 minutes. Turn over and bake another 6 to 8 minutes until the egg is thoroughly set.
5. Top with powdered sugar, maple syrup or your favorite fruit spread.