Learn More About Agritourism
Where will you buy your pumpkins this fall?
We can think of no better place than a local farm offering fall produce and pumpkins¬†you can pick yourself. When it comes to agritourism, U-pick farms are a great example.¬† And fall is¬†one of the best times of year to visit a local farm.
You’ll get a chance to¬†explore local examples of agritourism,¬†fill your car with farm-fresh¬†produce for¬†autumn eating and¬†decorating,¬†and¬†entertain your kids (or the kid in you!) You‚Äôll have a blast and make a local farmer‚Äôs day, too!
Find More Local Farms
Listed below are a few¬†picks of U-picks;¬†find them all and more on the Local Harvest website.
- Abma Family Farm¬†(Wyckoff, N.J.) Check out the link “What’s in Season” to find information about this farm’s Fall Hayrides and Pumpkin Picking and more.
- Wilson Banner Ranch¬†(Clarkston, Wash.) Every Saturday in October this ranch offers family-oriented events to celebrate harvest.
- Walters’ Pumpkin Patch¬†(Burns, Kan.)¬†This action-packed farm offers much, including an invitation to¬†ride the haywagon to the pumpkin patch to find a perfect pumpkin for everyone in the family.
- Lynchburg Grows Urban Farm¬†(Lynchburg, Va.)¬†Pick pumpkins and enjoy the educational atmosphere Saturdays¬†through Oct 27 at this extra-ordinary farm.
- Shady Brook¬†Farm¬†(Yardley, Pa.) The entertainment calendar at Shady Brook is bursting at the seams at with pumpkin rides and scary activities, too.
- Bloom Where You‚Äôre Planted Farm & Pumpkin Patch¬†(Avoca, Neb.) Fall for our “country charm” is the invitation from these¬†farmers — group outings and field trips are just two of their offerings.
- Kathy’s Pumpkin Patch¬†(Donnellson, Iowa) Wagon rides, a pumpkin patch and a really awesome-looking maze are among the offerings at this farm.
- Clary Ridge Ranch¬†(Fair Play, Calif.) For a change of pace, pick walnuts on select days in October at this West Coast ranch.
~ HF editors