Decorate with LED Lights
If you’re stuck for ideas on how to make your holiday green this year–that is, how to make it friendly for the environment–the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) offers a few suggestions, especially for the holiday shopping season:
- Travel efficiently
- Map your shopping route to make a number of stops in one trip instead of one stop in a number of trips.
- Take public transportation.
- Hitch a ride with a friend or family member.
- Shop for green decorations and gifts
- Give gifts and decorate your house with electronics that have earned the Energy Star rating
- Unplug your gifts and decorations when not in use
- Choose gifts that have less packaging.
- Extend the useful life of gifts
- Before tossing the old to make room for the new, check to see if you can donate it, reuse it, or recycle it.
For more ideas and to share yours, too, visit the EPA blog.