December 26, 2016
PHOTO: Lori Rice
Yield: 6 servings
- 4 cups chopped kale
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 2-inch sprig fresh rosemary
- 1/2 cup chopped raw walnuts
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon maple syrup (or honey)
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- additional olive oil and walnuts for serving
Place the kale, spinach and garlic in the bowl of a large food processor. Remove the rosemary leaves from the stem, and add them to the bowl. Puree on high for 30 seconds until all ingredients are finely chopped.
Add the walnuts, salt, pepper, maple syrup (or honey) and olive oil. Puree on high for 20 to 30 seconds, until all ingredients come together in a smooth spread. Transfer to a bowl or plate. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with walnuts before serving. It‚Äôs great with crackers or toasted slices of baguette, or as a spread for finger sandwiches.