February 18, 2009
Learn more about organics and find more online resources. Click to continue …
How do you save on organic food?
According to The Daily Green you can try these six ways to help afford organic food. Read on and then let us know how you save on organics.
- Negotiate on price at the farmers market. Haggle a bit on the price with the farmer; maye heâ€™ll sell you some less popular items for less, too.
- Choose less-perfect fruits and vegetables and ask for a lower price.
- Buy in bulk at the warehouse.
- Make a list (and a menu) and stick to it â€“ before you go to the market only to be seduced by the wares.
- Consider shopping for organic items online; some even offer incentives, like free shipping.
- Look for and collect organic brand coupons.
~ excerpted from an article byÂ The Daily Green Food Editor Karen Berner