Got a Hungry Pooch?
Click here for moreÂ of Arden Moore’s homemade dog treats>>
Your treat-welcoming canine will be your best four-legged friend when you offer these homemade goodies. Best news is that you can make a batch and freeze some to s-t-r-e-t-c-h treat time.
- 1 pound sliced beef liver (save the juice)
- Â¼ cup water
- 1 small box corn muffin mix
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a food processor, blend the liver one slice at a time on high until liquefied. Add a little water as you add each slice.
- Pour the corn muffin mix into a large bowl. Then add the liver liquid and mix thoroughly.
- Spray an 8 Â½- by 11-inch baking pan with nonstick spray.
- Pour the liver mix into the pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the middle springs back at your touch.
- Cool and cut into small cubes. Store the cubes in resealable plastic bags in the freezer.