Lambing season is just around the corner and, while our minds might be focused on ensuring a comfortable and safe environment for our expectant ewes, our hearts are looking forward to the adorable balls of fluff that will be joining us soon.
Baby lambs charm us with their curiosity and escapades, swiftly filling our smartphones with snapshots of their adorable antics. But constantly calling your little ones âbabyâ and âlambieâ can get tiring, not to mention confusing!
End the bamboozlement by giving each of your newborn lambs names of their own, perhaps from the following selections.
Sheep have one of the most recognizable vocalizations in the animal kingdom. Reflect that distinctive sound in your lambâs name:
- Baaarbara (or Barbaaara)
Lambs donât stay little forever. Consider names that encapsulate the adult animals your baby lambs will one day be, such as:
Lambs and sheep feature prominently in literature, programming and even comic books. Give your little one a touch of star power by naming them after some of their famous fellows:
- Gentle Heart (from âCare Bearsâ)
- Lamb Chop (from Shari Lewis)
- Lily (from âMinnie ân Meâ)
- Merry (from âStray Sheepâ)
- Bo (from âUS Acresâ)
- Lanolin (from âUS Acresâ)
- Shaun the Sheep (from âWallace and Grommetâ)
- Woolly (from âWhen Sheep Canât Sleepâ)
Sheep in video games? You better believe it! If you enjoy gaming, consider choosing names for your little lambs from this list of electric sheep:
- Ampharos (from âPokemonâ)
- Flaaffy (from âPokemonâ)
- Lammy (from âUmJammer Lammyâ)
- Mareep (from âPokemonâ)
- Pajiramon (from âDigimonâ)
- Rammy (from âUmJammer Lammyâ)
- Sheepmon (from âDigimonâ)