Photo by Stephanie Staton
- 1½ cups pitted mixed olives
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 4 T. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 T. capers, drained
- 1 T. fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp. coarsely chopped fresh garlic
- 1 tsp. minced fresh rosemary leaves
- 1/4 tsp. dried red pepper flakes
- chopped red bell pepper and minced parsley
Place all ingredients except the bell pepper in food processor and pulse until mixture is slightly coarse. Spoon into serving bowl, and garnish with parsley and chopped red pepper. Serve at room temperature with toasted baguette slices, multigrain crackers or vegetable crudités.
Makes about 2¼ cups.