Photo by Megan Myers
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- 10 ounces peaches (about 2 medium)
- 1 cup peeled, diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup finely diced onion
- 1/2 cup apple-cider vinegar
- 1 T. brown sugar
- 1 T. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 4-pound chicken, cut into 6 to 8 pieces (bone left in)
In small saucepan, boil 4 cups of water. Prepare a small bowl of ice¬†water and set aside. Cut shallow X into bottoms of each peach and place into boiling water for 1 minute. Remove to ice water until cool enough to handle. Gently remove peels and dice peaches.
In pot over medium-high heat, add peaches, tomato and onion. Cook until peaches and tomato have broken down, approximately 5 to 10 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low. Stir in vinegar, brown sugar, salt, paprika and peppers. Cook 10 minutes.
Working in batches or using immersion blender, pur√©e sauce until smooth.¬†(May be done in advance and stored covered in refrigerator for up to three days.)
Preheat grill to medium heat (approximately 350 degrees F).
Divide barbecue sauce into three bowls and set two aside. Coat chicken on both sides in first bowl of sauce.
Grill chicken, basting often with second bowl of sauce, for 30 to 40 minutes, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into thickest part of the thigh reads 165 degrees F.
Serve with sauce from third bowl.
Try these other barbecue recipes from HobbyFarms.com:
- Basic Barbecue Sauce
- Ginger Barbecue Chicken¬†Satay
- Wisconsin-style Barbecue
- Barbecued Beer-can Chicken
- Barbecued Chicken Pizza
- Kentucky Barbecue Sauces and Marinades