Photo by Megan Myers
Yield: 6 servings
- 1¼ cup flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 T. sugar
- 8 ounces butter, chilled and diced
- 4 T. ice water
- 3 cups sliced new potatoes
- salt and pepper
- 4 to 5 ramps or green onions, sliced thinly on horizontal
- 2 ounces prosciutto, sliced into strips (optional)
- 1/2 cup grated mild cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 T. olive oil, divided
In large bowl or food processor, mix flour, salt and sugar. Cut in butter until it resembles small peas. Slowly add water, one tablespoon at a time, until dough holds together. Pat into 5-inch-diameter circle, wrap in plastic and chill for at least 1 hour.
When ready to bake, preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Roll dough to 10-inch circle, then transfer to 9½-inch tart pan. Patch cracks as needed, and trim excess dough.
Arrange 1½ cups potatoes across dough and season with salt and pepper to taste. Arrange half of ramps over potatoes, add half of prosciutto (if using) and 1/4 cup cheese. Drizzle olive oil on top, and repeat layers.
Place pan on baking sheet and bake for 40 to 45 minutes. Let cool slightly before serving.