Yield: 4 servings
- 3 medium-sized parsnips, peeled (1 pound)
- 2 medium-sized gold potatoes (1 pound)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon finely ground sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup packed fresh parsley
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh chives
- 1/4 teaspoon finely ground sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Spray a baking sheet with olive oil or nonstick cooking spray.
Chop the parsnips and potatoes into pieces of similar size, about 1-inch cubes. Place them in a large bowl, and drizzle in the olive oil. Add the 1/2 teaspoon of salt, garlic powder and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper. Stir to coat the vegetables in the olive oil and spices.
Spread in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and stir. Bake for 20 more minutes, until the vegetables are tender and their edges are browned and crisp.
While the vegetables bake, make the dressing. Add all dressing ingredients to a small food processor or single-serving blender. Purée until smooth.
To serve, drizzle dressing over the potatoes and garnish with chopped parsley. Serve any extra dressing on the side.
This recipe originally appeared in the January/February issue of Hobby Farms.