Yield: 2 to 4 servings
- 1 pound asparagus
- 1/2 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 T. balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. granulated sugar
- 1 T. grapeseed or canola oil
- 1 T. lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh English peas
- grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
Snap off asparagus’ woody ends and discard. Trim and reserve tips. Hold asparagus stems on cutting board and peel into thin strips, using a vegetable peeler. Set aside.
In separate bowl, combine berries, vinegar, pepper, sugar, oil and lemon juice. Blend with immersion or regular blender. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
Place asparagus shavings and peas on serving platter or in bowl and drizzle strawberry mixture on top. Toss with tongs to incorporate.
Serve with reserved asparagus tips and grated Parmesan cheese if desired.