Photo by Lori Rice
Serve this egg salad on crackers as an appetizer or as the filling in a croissant for a sandwich. For a spicy version, use smoked hot paprika instead of the smoked sweet paprika.
Yield: 18 to 20 appetizers
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 3 T. plain Greek yogurt
- 3 T. mayonnaise
- 3/4 tsp. smoked sweet paprika
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup roasted pecans, chopped
- 3 T. minced chives for garnish
- 18 to 20Â crackers for serving
In medium-sized bowl, combine eggs and celery.
In small bowl, whisk together yogurt, mayonnaise, paprika and salt. Pour dressing over eggs and stir gently to combine.
Place crackers on serving platter and top with about 1 tablespoon egg salad each. Top each cracker with about 1/2 teaspoon chopped pecans and garnish with chives. Serve immediately.