- 6 cups fresh baby spinach, washed, dried and stems removed
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
For the vinaigrette:
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced or put through a garlic press
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. sugar
- pinch salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
Divide spinach among four plates, tearing any large pieces so that they are bite-sized. While cold, cut the goat cheese into small chunks and divide among the plates. Top with strawberries, and then almonds. Whisk or shake all dressing ingredients together until well combined and thickened. Makes 1 cup.
Drizzle salads with the dressing before serving or pass it at the table. Serves 4.