January 24, 2011
Photo by Stephanie Staton
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup coconut milk, plus additional if needed
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 T. soy sauce
- 1 T. freshly squeezed lime juice, strained to remove pulp and seeds
- 1 1/2 tsp. minced fresh garlic
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- Â¼ to 1 tsp. cayenne, depending on taste
- chopped, blanched peanuts and shredded, fresh or dried unsweetened coconut
Place all ingredients, except peanuts and coconut, in medium bowl and beat with an electric mixer until smooth. If mixture seems too stiff, add additional coconut milk, 1 tablespoon at a time, until reaching desired consistency. Transfer to serving bowl, cover and refrigerate 24 hours to allow flavors to blend. Garnish with peanuts and coconut. Serve with sesame crackers, fried wonton skins, or strips of red pepper, snow peas and cauliflower pieces.
Makes about 1 cup.