Photo by Stephanie Staton
Yield: 6 servings
- 2 T. olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, minced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 4 medium-sized tomatoes, cut into eighths
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 8 ounces fettuccine pasta, cooked
- 3 T. toasted pine nuts
- 6 T. gratedĀ Parmesan cheese
- 6 tsp.Ā basil pesto
Ā Ā Ā
In medium-sized skillet, heatĀ olive oil. Add garlic and red pepper flakes; stir for 30 seconds. Add sun-dried tomatoes, bell pepper, fresh tomatoes and salt. Cook 3 to 5 minutes, then remove from heat. Add cooked pasta and pine nuts, and stir to coat well.
Divide pasta mixture among plates, and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Garnish each plate 1 teaspoon of pesto, and serve.
Excerpt from Tasty Tomatoes, part of the Popular Gardening Series, with permission from its publisher, BowTie, Inc. Purchase Tasty Tomatoes here.