- 2 T. olive oil
- 2 T. butter
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 T. minced fresh sage leaves
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh marjoram or thyme
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 7 cups fresh, soft bread cubes
- 1Â½ cups peeled, grated carrot (use the large holes on your grater)
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 1 cup chopped portabella mushrooms
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat, heat oil, melt butter, and sautÃ© celery, onions and shallots until tender. Stir in parsley and sage leaves, marjoram or thyme, salt and pepper; sautÃ© additional 1 minute.
In large bowl, combine bread cubes, carrot, zucchini and mushroom; toss lightly to combine. Stir in onion mixture. Pour vegetable broth and wine onto mixture, and stir until moistened. Place in buttered 2-quart casserole and bake, uncovered, for 30 to 40 minutes or until vegetables are tender and top is browned.
Serves 10 to 12.