Yield: 4 servings
- 1 T. unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup chopped raw walnuts
- 1/8 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and thinly sliced (about 4 cups)
- 1 medium apple, cored and sliced (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 tsp. pure maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- pinch ground nutmeg
In large, deep skillet, melt butter on medium-high heat. Add walnuts and cinnamon, and cook for 3 minutes, stirring often. Remove from skillet, place in small bowl and set aside.
Reduce heat to medium and add sliced Brussels sprouts. Stir to coat in remaining butter and cook for about 5 minutes, just until they begin to wilt. Add apple slices and maple syrup. Cook for 1 more minute.
Stir in salt and nutmeg. Remove from heat. Serve warm.
More from HobbyFarms.com:
- Infographic: 16 Farm-Worthy Heirloom Apples
- How to Bake an Apple Pie
- Crop Profile: Brussels Sprouts
- How to Make Maple Syrup
- 8 Nuts to Grow on Your Farm