August 8, 2014
PHOTO: Lori Rice
Â 6 servings
- 2 1- to 2-inch-thick slices seedless watermelon
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, deseeded and diced
- 1 poblano or Anaheim pepper, deseeded and diced
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 2 T. crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh basil
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
- pinch salt
Use 2Â½- to 3-inch biscuit cutter to cut out three disks from each watermelon slice. Place each watermelon disk on separate serving plate.
In medium bowl, add cucumber, poblano pepper and onion. Toss to combine.
Add feta cheese, basil, black pepper and salt. Stir to mix evenly.
Divide cucumber relish into six even portions, top off watermelon disks and serve.